Living Happy & Healthy : A Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle
– I’m eating well, yet I feel weak.
– My body aches all the time.
– Knee pain makes it difficult to walk.
– I exercise regularly but am not able to lose weight.
– I often fall sick.
Does this sound like you?
Here’s a list of six things you need to pay attention to as this will make you happier, healthier and more productive:
1. VITAMIN D
Despite its name, vitamin D is not a vitamin, but a precursor to a hormone. The most important vitamin, everyone needs at all ages.
If you are deficient in vitamin D, your body will not absorb calcium, no matter how much you eat and drink, milk or cheese. Calcium is one of the main building blocks of bone and Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium.
There are three ways you can get vitamin D:
– the first is through your SKIN,
– the second from your DIET and
– the third from a dietary SUPPLEMENT.
In adults, vitamin D deficiency leads to a decrease in bone density and muscle weakness. Vitamin D deficiency also causes osteoporosis, for which people either seek treatment or face an increased risk.
Common Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency are:
– being overweight.
– does not spend enough time outdoors in sunlight.
– using sunscreen all the time and so on.
do you know?
– Caffeine is found in almost every commercial fat burning supplement.
– It is one of the few natural substances that help in burning fat.
– A study suggests that people who enjoy drinking coffee every morning have a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
– It can help you burn more calories during the day because caffeine increases energy use whether you are at rest or not.
Note: As they say, excess of anything is bad so limit your coffee intake. Drink a maximum of 3 cups a day for good health!
3. BRUSHING TEETH
A dental chair can be terrifying. It can create a huge hole in your pocket, quite an expensive deal in the US and Canada. Therefore, choose the cheapest way to take care of your tooth. Apart from saving money, having strong, healthy teeth also have other benefits:
🎯reduces the risk of heart attack,
🎯healthy pregnancy and so forth
Brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time will help keep them healthy and prevent gum disease.
Even though we are always asked to brush our teeth twice a day, morning and night before bedtime, the truth is that there is no particular time to brush your teeth.
Whenever you have bad breath or something gets stuck in your teeth, go ahead and brush, if you can!
Consider using an Electric Toothbrush!
Why is an electric toothbrush better than a manual toothbrush?
– A power brush has an oscillating rotating or vibrating head, which provides a large amount of cleaning action with very little movement needed from the user.
– Everyone can use a power brush.
– Tests have shown that power toothbrushes are more effective at removing plaque.
– They are particularly useful for people with limited movement of the arm or hand, such as disabled or elderly people, who often find that using a normal toothbrush does not allow them to clean thoroughly.
– Power brushes can also be better for children as they may be more likely to brush regularly because of the novelty of using a power brush.
Also, apart from brushing your teeth well, the following things should be included in your routine:
– brush your tongue,
– floss daily,
– eat healthy foods and limit sugary foods and drinks,
– replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or sooner if the bristles are irregular,
– visit the dentist for regular checkups with X-rays and cleaning.
– Use a soft bristles toothbrush, it cleans very effectively compared to hard bristles. Hard bristles can actually damage the structure of your teeth,
– Brushing means brushing your entire teeth & that includes gum.
4. OIL PULLING
Oil pulling is an oral health routine that involves swishing oil in your mouth Just like mouthwash but for a long time.
On regular practice, it kills harmful bacteria, promotes oral hygiene, reduces inflammation, eventually, improves gum health.
Coconut oil is well known for its anti-microbial agents, hence, a great bacterial fighting benefits. Also, Coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
how to do oil pulling?
– Take a tablespoon of coconut oil, swish it in your mouth for around 10-15 minutes.
– Those who have difficulty keeping coconut oil in their mouth for this long can start from 5 or 10 minutes and gradually increase the duration.
– Once done, spit the oil in the garbage, sink or toilet.
– Do not swallow the coconut oil.
5. CANE SUGAR & STEVIA
Sugar increases glucose levels, which increases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. It also accelerates aging and causes tooth decay.
For a healthy life, reduce your sugar intake. However, it has been observed that reducing or eliminating sugar intake in a daily diet causes mood disorder. You will likely experience a feeling of discontentment, irritation or apathy.
There is a great alternative available in the form of Cane sugar & Stevia which is not only a healthier option but can also fix your sugar craving. Say goodbye to extra calories and mood swings.
Stevia is a sweet-tasting plant used to sweeten beverages. A non-nutritional sweetener that contain very few calories.
Stevia is used as a healthy alternative to adding sugar to many meals and beverages. The study concluded that Stevia showed no effect on blood sugar, insulin levels, blood pressure, and body weight.
This raw form of sugar is somewhat less processed than refined sugar. Extracted from the sugarcane plant and not refined.
Therefore, you consume less sugar and calories per serving, making it a healthier alternative to white sugar.
6. HAND SANITIZER
Health is wealth! The greatest wealth one can have is his/her good health. And, to keep a healthy body it is crucial to keep your hands clean.
– your hands are always in contact with your mouth, eyes, nose and many parts of your body.
– Washing hands with soap and warm water several times a day is the best way to clean them, but another worthy option is Hand Sanitizer.
– You can easily keep a small bottle of Hand Sanitizer in your purse or even in your pocket, and use, where you might want to wash your hands, but either cannot find a sink or wait for one is inconvenient, long lines or far toilets and all that.
– It is perfect when you are having a snack at an outdoor event or leave a public place like a movie hall or grocery store.
– Especially during flu season, it reduces your risk for other people’s germs which is important to keep your body healthy.
To SHARE with your family & friends,
LIKE the post &
COMMENT if you have any questions or suggestions 😊